- To acquire an in-depth knowledge of family-owned or controlled firms, with special emphasis on their idiosyncrasies.
- To provide appropriate tools to exploit the specific competitive advantages of family firms
- To resolve the challenges inherent in family firms.
- To become acquainted with the specific characteristics of family firm management bodies and the use of the family agreement.
- Capacity to advise and manage family firms.
- Ability to tackle family firms specific subjects, such as succession, professionalization, financing, etc.
- To develop managerial and leadership skills in organisations where both family and business interests may be involved.
- To understand and be able to take decisions when faced with situations that are specific to family firms.
- To awaken an interest in developing a career path in a family firm, bearing in mind the importance that these companies have in the industrial fabric of today's economies.