Department assigned to the subject: Department of Social Sciences
Type: Basic Core
ECTS Credits: 6.0 ECTS
Branch of knowledge: Social Sciences and Law
- Knowledge of main sociological theories. Basic skills for sociological empirical analysis.
- Critical thinking.
Description of contents: programme
- The course will teach students: i) the object of sociological study; ii) main sociological theories; and iii) main sociological concepts. Some lessons will be devoted to the analysis of families, education, religion or the state.
Learning activities and methodology
- Lectures (2 ECTS credits). Students will have enough time to ask questions.
- Exercises made and corrected in the classroom (2 ECTS credits).
- Mandatory and voluntary readings made by students (2 ECTS credits).
% end-of-term-examination 60
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 40