The aim of this course is that students learn how to organize, represent, analyze and summarize the information contained in a dataset by the use of the appropriate graphical, tabular and numerical methods according to the type of data and variables observed.
1. Distinguish different types of variables and data.
2. Synthesize tabular, numeric and graphical statistical information.
3. Propose and validate the simple linear regression model as a model for the relationship between two continuous variables.
1. Capacity of analysis and synthesis of information.
2. Setting up and solving practical problems.
3. Written and verbal communication.