1. Students will know and assess the relationship between ethics and economy.
2. Students will understand the different theories of ethics applied to economy.
3. Students will develop their abilities to incorporate ethical reasons to decision-making.
4. Students will acquire the motivations for a social responsible behaviour.
5. Students will know how to face ethical issues related to professional activities.
6. Students will develop an ethical commitment with the implications derived from the professional activity.
7. Students will develop an ethical commitment to the democratic values of the Social and Democratic Rule of Law.
The subject Ethics and professional deontology is important in the formation of the graduate in Economics, since it not only allows students to better knowledge of the meaning and implications of their future professional activity in the Social and Democratic Rule of Law and of an economy globalized, but also provides them with tools from which to critically analyze their own approaches and the professional activity to be performed, being able, according to them, to find solutions to the problems that this activity has to face. Thus, this subject, largely oriented to the practical activity, allows to develop skills and abilities that are not obtained in other disciplines and contribute to foster the critical spirit of the students; enabling students to know the meaning and scope of Ethics, Morals, values ¿¿and constitutional principles and ethical standards that should govern professional performance, according to freedom, social function and the responsibility with which they must act.