The objective of this course is for the student to acquire an overview of the financial risks to which companies are exposed as well as the existing methods for their evaluation and hedging.
To achieve the goal, the student, at the end of the course must have achieved a series of knowledge, skills and attitudes that are detailed below:
- To understand the fundamental concepts associated with financial risk management.
- To understand the concept of risk and the different types of risks that exist.
- To know the instruments used in companies to measure and evaluate financial risk.
- To understand the application of the instruments and mechanisms for measuring financial risk.
- To understand the application of the instruments and mechanisms for evaluating financial risk.
- Understand the problem of financial risk management in financial and non-financial companies
- To solve risk management problems.
- Apply the hedging techniques used in risk management.
- Calculate the VaR risk measure for market risks using different methodologies
- Enhancing the capacity for analysis and the capacity for synthesis.
- Capacity for the organization and planning of work and autonomous learning in teams
- Ability to solve complex problems associated with risk management in Excel
- Ability to communicate with experts in other areas.
- Enhance oral and written expression skills.
- Ethical commitment.