The course will provide the students with knowledge about:
- Pricing life insurance and pension funds.
- Pricing general insurance policies.
- Risk management for insurance companies
- Reinsurance and Credibility Theory.
- Financial derivatives linked to insurance markets.
- Collaboration among students will be stimulated, so as to deal with complex practical problems.
- Discussions and critic analyses will be provoked.
- Empirical tests will be encouraged.
Description of contents: programme
FIRST PART: Life insurance and pension funds.
SECOND PART: General Insurance, Risk Theory.
THIRD PART: Reinsurance, Bonus-Malus, Financial Markets.
Learning activities and methodology
Methodology will include:
(1) Lectures, in order to present the main ideas of every topic.
(2) The use of the computer.
(3) Numerical exercises.
(4) More complicated practical situations that will be analyzed by teams of three/four students.
% end-of-term-examination 60
% of continuous assessment (assigments, laboratory, practicals...) 40
The course syllabus and the academic weekly planning may change due academic events or other reasons.