Unit 1. General Concepts in Computing
1.Introduction. General Concepts
2.History of Computers
4.Communications and Computer networks
5. Software. Algorithms and Programs
6. Programming Languages
Unit 2. Structure of Information and its Representation
2. Data codification. Numerical and alphanumerical systems.
3. Data and Data Types. Arithmetic and boolean operations
4. Data Structures. Single and Structured Data
Unit 3. Applications for Computational Management
2. Text processors, Presentations and web editing tools, Spreadsheets
3. Macro programming
Unit 4. Databases
1. Data Management
2. Concept of database
3. Database management systems
4. Database design
5. The relational model
6. Decision Support Systems. Multidimensional Databases.
Unit 5. Communications and networks in business management
1. Telecommunicacion systems and transmission networks
2. Network bases office systems
3. Security in networking, Electronic Commerce
Application of Spreadsheets. Macro Programming.
Databases, design and implementation.