1. Introduction to Media Studies. Typology of communication; The disciplines of Media Studies; Why study Media. (WEEK 1)
2. Introduction to Scriptwriting. 3-act structure; Why we write; The process of scriptwriting. Characterisation. (WEEK 2)
3. Film Aesthetics. Form vs. style. The visual attributes; Setting; The Human Figure; Lighting. (WEEK 3)
4. Television Studies. Audience reception: ratings; Television and genre. Programming: strategy, tradition; The vocabulary of Tv programming. (WEEKS 4-5)
5. Introduction to New Media. The vocabulary of New Media; New Media in our lives. Theories of manipulation. Digital culture. Symbols vs. signs. Simulacra and popular culture. (WEEKS 6-7)
6. Introduction to Radio Studies and preparation for the exam.