The subject is devoted to knowing the different aspects involved in the governance of a multicultural society. The syllabus deals with the legal and daily
questions concerning the coexistence among different ways of life and diverse mental and physical capacities. The subject covers a descriptive dimension,
concerning the various modalities of multiculturalism in contemporary societies, and a normative dimension that affect to the legal and political options
of coping with the multiculturalism.
1. Modern societies as multicultural societies: processes of migration and urban transformations.
2. Human rights and cultural diversity.
3. Visible and invisible forms of cultural discrimination.
4. The queer perspective as an analysis of the cultural diversity.
5. Controversies on the functional (menta, physiological) diversity.
6. Migrations, diaspora, and exile as contemporary conditions.
7. Cultural hybridization.