At the end of the course the student is expected to:
- Know the main characteristics of the cultural and creative industries and their different manifestations (business, institutions, etc.), as well as their implications from an economic, social and ideological point of view and in the configuration of contemporary subjectivities.
- Reflect on the nature of cultural industries and of related concepts such as mass culture, popular culture, creative industry, mass media and the market.
- Be able to critically analyze creative works in the context of their production, distribution and consumption.
- Know the current state of the art regarding the cultural and creative industries in relation to digitization and globalization, and particularly how such processes affect creative industries.
- Locate the information necessary to correctly fulfill his or her duties, as well as interpret it in order to elaborate contents and well-formed opinions.
- Communicate and argue with academic rigor on the contents of the course, both in oral and written form.
- Work with neatness, efficiency and in depth, both on his or her own and in groups.