1. Understand that the study of the past constitutes an essential condition for the explanation and understanding of the present, and provides the best possible disposition to face the future.
2. Know the political, social and cultural reality of past times thanks to a comparative historical-critical method.
3. Know and understand the processes of political, social, economic and cultural change in the society of a certain period.
4. Develop the ability to identify, organize and analyze relevant information autonomously, critically and systematically about primary and secondary sources.
5. Develop the ability to debate and formulate critical reasoning.
6. Develop the ability to argue scientifically and historically for a cultural position regarding the problems of the past.