1. Introduction. Work, firms, society, and the law. Workers and entrepreneurs. The regulation of the employment relationship. Sources. Labour law enforcement. Labour Inspectorate. Labour Courts. The role of unions.
2. Employment contracts. Standard and atypical forms of employment. Civil and commercial contracts for services. Subcontracting. The determination of the true employer. Special reference to the impact of technology on all these topics.
3. Work organization, technology, and managerial prerogatives: legal limits. Minimum working conditions: pay and compensation, work hours, health and safety.
4. Human rights in the workplace. Equality and discrimination. Privacy, data protection and technology. Freedom of association.
5. Protection of employees personal interests and needs. Work-life balance. Social security protection.
6. Termination of employment. Special reference to dismissals.
7. Employee information and consultation. Employee representatives. Collective bargaining. Labour restructuring and social, economic and technological change.